Long Weekend Camping (free social trip, not a Live Adventure trip)
October 6 @ 1:00 pm - October 7 @ 12:00 pmFree
This is a fun, social camping trip not an official trip or organised by Live Adventure. Everyone is responsible for themselves including bringing your own food, water, camping gear etc. If you don’t have camping gear, PM me – I have a couple of spares.
The spot should be nice and quiet (I hope!) – plus we’re allowed a campfire and can even go swimming! It’s the Marramarra Creek campsite which runs into Berowra Creek. NB I haven’t checked out the area like I usually do so we’ll be exploring together (don’t worry, we won’t get lost though!)
– From Fiddletown, follow Bloodwood Road until you see the sign to Marramarra Ridge on your left
– Follow the gravel-surfaced Marramarra Ridge trail to the management trail gate
– Park your car here and we will meet at the gate
NB There is unlikely to be reception at the meeting point so if you aren’t there at the start time, sorry but we’ll have to go without you.
Around 3.5-4kms on a firetrail, though there are some steep undulations. I’d guess it’ll take ~1hr 15mins with our gear.
The only facilities are a pit toilet, picnic tables and firepits (yay, campfire!). That means no showers or drinking water but we can cool off in the creek and carry water in.
What to bring:
Stuff for basic camping (ie hiking camping, not car camping where you bring the kitchen sink – it’s only 1 night).
– sleeping bag
– sleeping mat
– head torch and batteries
– wear hiking clothes inc sunnies, hat and warm clothes
– water (the creek is salty and I can’t guarantee there’ll be water in a side creek so please bring enough for the whole 24hr trip)
– food (Sat snacks and dinner, Sunday breakfast and snacks) NB I’ll probably just bring sandwiches but we can heat water on the fire if you want noodles or a Backcountry dried dinner etc. Other ideas are tinned food, cheese and biscuits, dinner leftovers etc).
– cup and utensils for eating
– optional: a little something to drink (it won’t be a massive piss-up but if you like a little whisky or wine by the fire then bring it along)
Matches, 1st aid kit, emergency beacon, map and compass, marshmallows, 1 pot for boiling water, teabags and instant coffee.
Should be a fun trip, hope you can make it! Don’t forget to RSVP 🙂
PS If you need a lift, I can do a pickup from Turramurra Station.
PPS We can be flexible with when we head back the next day. 12pm is a rough guess.